Group Icon

Group: Member
Posts per day: 0.42
Topics Started: 157
User's local time:
Tue Dec 10, 2019, 09:54 PM
Skin: IP.Board Pro
Member No.: 25

Thought I would start a new thread since I strayed from the topic of adoption. Several of us were talking about teens and facts of life. And media influences.

Sherry or Boult,

Can you move the posts to this thread from adoption?

thanks,
s'belle
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eve
post Thu Jun 5, 2003, 07:53 AM
Post #2 | Print

Goddess
Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.07
Topics Started: 46
User's local time:
Tue Dec 10, 2019, 11:54 PM
Member No.: 298

It just amazes me how people without children seem to have all the answers hahaha
Tomorrow I will be taking my daughter and stepdaughter to a "Girls Night Out" at the local YMCA. They will have prominent women from the community to speak with the girls about various topics. During this time, they will also have a program for parents (generally mothers) to attend to discuss how to deal with some of the events the daughters will be going through in the coming years. I think this is an excellent opportunity to see how other parents have dealt with these issues. I'll let ya'll know if I find out any new information.

+Quote Post
Southern Belle
post Thu Jun 5, 2003, 10:14 AM
Post #3 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.42
Topics Started: 157
User's local time:
Tue Dec 10, 2019, 09:54 PM
Member No.: 25

Originally posted by Eve
It just amazes me how people without children seem to have all the answers hahaha
Tomorrow I will be taking my daughter and stepdaughter to a "Girls Night Out" at the local YMCA.  They will have prominent women from the community to speak with the girls about various topics.  During this time, they will also have a program for parents (generally mothers) to attend to discuss how to deal with some of the events the daughters will be going through in the coming years.  I think this is an excellent opportunity to see how other parents have dealt with these issues.  I'll let ya'll know if I find out any new information.

Yes, I see what you mean. I noticed that with Deaf members of the Deaf community who claim to know what was best for deaf children of hearing parents. I never claimed to know what was best but I did give some pointers to hearing parents. I mentioned how some of my deaf classmates' families forget to tell them about family plans and one of the hearing parents told me that sometimes she forgets to tell her deaf child about plans and she said thanks for reminding me to involve the deaf family member in what the family is planning to do.

Although I do not have kids myself, I've observed relatives and friends with children. I see what works and did not work. When I brought up these suggestions, I saw that they worked for my relatives and friends. I realize that what may work for one person does not always work for another person.

Have fun at the Girls Night Out at the local YMCA.

Look forward to getting new information from you
(IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts teens
3 coolmel 5,010 16th September 2004 - 05:24 PM
Last post by: Sethe
No New Posts Teens arrested with guns, swords, sacks of ammo
2 Banjo 2,904 7th July 2003 - 07:29 AM
Last post by: Eve
No new Teens beat up and kill a retarded man
29 tAzMaNiAc 8,582 11th April 2003 - 10:44 AM