IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
McDonald's hit with French Fries Lawsuit, watcha think?
HelloKittyGal
post Fri Jul 9, 2004, 07:11 PM
Post #1 | Print

Group Icon

Group: Member
Posts per day: 0.04
Topics Started: 25
User's local time:
Sun Sep 15, 2019, 04:43 PM
Skin: IP.Board Pro
Member No.: 592

McDonald's hit with French Fries Lawsuit

Give me a break! Don't want their fries, don't buy it! I am sure that will be more effective than stupid lawsuit. Can this California woman do that? I mean it's a fast food chain that's not in any way public or related to the government. Is this going to get her money? Why?

It just drives me crazy with people that are as stupid as the man who claimed McDonald's made him fat! I can't help it but vent.

I know it's a serious issue when it comes with restricting lawsuits, but seriously are we out of suggestions on how to stop silly lawsuits when we have better ones to deal with?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lantana
post Fri Jul 9, 2004, 08:16 PM
Post #2 | Print

"Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted"
Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.70
Topics Started: 77
User's local time:
Sun Sep 15, 2019, 01:43 PM
Member No.: 210

My Blog

KittyG. blame the lawyers. They want to get rich and retire at age 38. What more can I say?

I rather enjoy McDonald's F.F's They are long and skinny and krispy and they soak up the catsup just right. 'Like once a month. It all calls for discpline, of course which many peeps do not have.

+Quote Post
sweetnanna
post Sat Jul 10, 2004, 03:36 AM
Post #3 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.30
Topics Started: 16
User's local time:
Sun Sep 15, 2019, 08:43 PM
Member No.: 302

You're right, Lantana. McDonald's french fries is the only thing I really like to eat but like you, it's once a month or so. Lawsuits with fast-food restaurants can get out of control and it's the lawyers' dreams. About 12 years ago, my youngest son and I went to a cafe, my son ordered cheeseburger and fries. Half-way through, eating his cheeseburger, he came upon a piece of wax paper stuck to the meat so, I got hold of waitress and told her what the problem was. Mind you, that cafe was crowded at that time....the waitress came back with another cheeseburger and no charge to my son's meal. He started to take a bite of it but I told him, "You better check it out first before taking a bite." He did. *Gasp!* No meat!!! (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Did I take them to the court??? Nah, it probably was a new cook or a bad hair day or whatever. Heh Heh.

+Quote Post
LittlePitty
post Sat Jul 10, 2004, 07:14 AM
Post #4 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.69
Topics Started: 59
User's local time:
Member No.: 27

My Blog

It stinks! Personally, when I go to a fast food restaurant it's because I want junk food not because I want to eat healthy. What ever happened to personal responsibility????

+Quote Post
Boult
post Mon Jul 12, 2004, 06:13 PM
Post #5 | Print

I.T.M.F.A.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Posts per day: 0.74
Topics Started: 854
User's local time:
Member No.: 2

My Blog

Kitty and LP, I agree! even I am sick of the Low Carb scheme going on in many of fast food places! oh boy!

about 2 decades ago, my family is a "health food" family except for few of us. instead of eating real chocolate chips, they switched to carb cocoa and such like that..

now today, we need to lower the carbs! first we jacked on carb then now we need to shed off carbs?

That's why I don't give a damn about the "Low Carb" stuffs that's going on!

just eat regular meals (6 meals! 3 main course and 3 snacks) and don't sit on your butt just move your butts outside and do your things!

+Quote Post
Lantana
post Mon Jul 12, 2004, 07:00 PM
Post #6 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

My Blog

Slightly << off topic, but fitting in with Sweetnanna's post. My husband and I ordered French Dip in a restaurant once and DH pulled back the roll to add something to the sandwich and low and behold, his meat was all purple! I mean, PURPLE! He called the waitress and she said that it was just the date, that they "stamp the meat" so they know what date to discard it.

My husband replied, "Let them stamp someone else's meat!" I was hysterical!

We still have a good laugh over that one.

+Quote Post
Tousi
post Mon Jul 12, 2004, 07:24 PM
Post #7 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.19
Topics Started: 22
User's local time:
Sun Sep 15, 2019, 12:43 PM
Member No.: 34

Many years ago, my father noticed a cockroach in his Chinese take-out and took it back & asked if they charged extra for da meat! (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Lantana
post Mon Jul 12, 2004, 07:49 PM
Post #8 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

My Blog

Oh dear, I am surprised your father noticed, there are sooo many strange things in Chinese takeout.

+Quote Post
HelloKittyGal
post Tue Jul 13, 2004, 01:37 AM
Post #9 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.04
Topics Started: 25
User's local time:
Member No.: 592

From time to time, I'll ask mom if the workers spit on foods. Just wondering!..................... I won't stop eating because of that because I know it doesn't happen everytime, so who knows. Just make sure you don't piss off the workers or else..

+Quote Post
Cori
post Wed Jul 21, 2004, 11:56 AM
Post #10 | Print

Michael Ball fan!
Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.03
Topics Started: 9
User's local time:
Sun Sep 15, 2019, 02:43 PM
Member No.: 503

Ugh, some people are just stupid. I can imagine lawsuits for serious issues, such as medical malpractice or unscrupulous business policies, but over SELF CONTROL?! That's crazy.

I've worked at McDonald's for almost 2 years, and I am proud to say that I don't eat the French fries. By choice. And I'm around them about 8 hours a day, and the scent is tempting, but I do not give in.

Some people like to blame everyone but themselves when it comes to self-control. It's sad.

This post has been edited by Cori: Mon Sep 13, 2004, 07:44 PM

+Quote Post
raqs35
post Wed Jul 21, 2004, 12:14 PM
Post #11 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.14
Topics Started: 50
User's local time:
Member No.: 17

Wow! Now THAT is self control Cori! (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/worshippy.gif) I am a sucker for french fries!
Its funny you say that tho b/c as I was reading this thread I was recalled a time my hubby went to Dairy Queen, & ordered take-out. As he sat out in the restaurant with full view of the "kitchen" he watched two employees muching on fries as they gabbed away.
Sure enuf when his # was called... the SAME fries they had been eating were in his order! (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) He asked the girl if he got a discount for half eaten food. (he got new fries).

+Quote Post
Cori
post Sat Aug 28, 2004, 09:30 PM
Post #12 | Print

Michael Ball fan!
Group Icon

User's local time:

I actually cheated a few days ago and stole some of Claire's fries when we had lunch (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) But I only ate 4!

That's really sick about Dairy Queen . . . I've heard many horror stories about that franchise. Mostly about the friers . . . when employees are bored, they stick the kids' meal toys in the fat friers and see what the "look like" when they're done. I make it a point to not eat any fried food from DQ!

But fast food really depends on who owns it as to whether or not you'll have a good experience. My McDonald's is owned by the McD's Corporation, so it has very strict standards, and we are inspected almost weekly. Owner-operated fast food locations are a lot more lax, and that's usually the source of all these problems you hear about in fast food.

+Quote Post
Sethe
post Tue Aug 31, 2004, 04:36 PM
Post #13 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.02
Topics Started: 7
User's local time:
Member No.: 500

Mostly about the friers . . . when employees are bored, they stick the kids' meal toys in the fat friers and see what the "look like" when they're done. I make it a point to not eat any fried food from DQ!

nice to see intelligent employees... (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

anyway...that so stupid...if u dont want to get fat then dont eat fatty foods duh! its all about balance and exercise and if u dont want to do that then u gonna get fat so deal with it (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) especially if u eating french fries all the time...or any fast food at all.

-Sethe (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/flirt.gif)

+Quote Post
Cori
post Mon Sep 13, 2004, 07:46 PM
Post #14 | Print

Michael Ball fan!
Group Icon

User's local time:

Those "intelligent" employees give my co-workers and I bad names. *grumpy*

Also . . . there's the option (at my McDonald's, anyway) to substitute Apple Dippers or Side Salads for the fries. So if you want a meal, but not the fries cause they're fattening, you can get something else. It's not the restaurant's fault that people are too stupid to not eat the fries.

+Quote Post
LittlePitty
post Tue Sep 14, 2004, 07:11 AM
Post #15 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.69
Topics Started: 59
User's local time:
Member No.: 27

My Blog

QUOTE (Cori @ Aug 28 2004, 11:30 PM)
That's really sick about Dairy Queen . . . I've heard many horror stories about that franchise. Mostly about the friers . . . when employees are bored, they stick the kids' meal toys in the fat friers and see what the "look like" when they're done. I make it a point to not eat any fried food from DQ!

What about DQ...I didn't hear anything and I re-read this entire forum and didn't see it!??? (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/confused1.gif)

+Quote Post
Lantana
post Tue Sep 14, 2004, 08:45 AM
Post #16 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

My Blog

Heh, Heh, L.P. they are playing with our minds. At DQ I only order butterfinger blizzards. Now that's the nearest thing to going to heaven!

+Quote Post
Boult
post Wed Sep 15, 2004, 12:30 PM
Post #17 | Print

I.T.M.F.A.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Posts per day: 0.74
Topics Started: 854
User's local time:
Member No.: 2

My Blog

QUOTE (LittlePitty @ Sep 14 2004, 07:11 AM)
QUOTE (Cori @ Aug 28 2004, 11:30 PM)

What about DQ...I didn't hear anything and I re-read this entire forum and didn't see it!??? (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/confused1.gif)

she said "That's really sick about Dairy Queen . . ." before she explained what happened. normally most would say this statement afterward.. (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts With or Without Semantic Mediation: Retrieval of Lexical Representations in Sign Production
0 NetScout 4,787 19th March 2015 - 09:26 AM
Last post by: NetScout
No New Posts With Pusan community's help, Korean boy begins journey out of deafness
0 NetScout 2,942 29th January 2005 - 10:10 PM
No New Posts With special ear implant, man awakened to sound
0 NetScout 3,076 30th November 2004 - 01:48 AM
No New Posts Lawsuit Claims Abuse by Nuns at School for Deaf
4 Dale 5,448 12th May 2004 - 06:49 AM
Last post by: LittlePitty
No New Posts Frenchwoman Marries Her Dead Boyfriend
1 Nancy 2,427 10th February 2004 - 05:18 PM
Last post by: PurpleGold71

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2019 - 01:43 PM