Posts per day: 0.27
Topics Started: 1,010
User's local time:
Thu Nov 14, 2019, 08:17 AM
Skin: IP.Board Pro
Member No.: 30

My Blog

I have two topics here:

1. Is it safe to paint your hearing aid (like BTEs) or will that tear up the device? I read somewhere that a lady PAINTED her hearing aids PINK so it will stand out.

2. I was talking to my mother about the colorful hearing aids that we have now instead of the flesh colored ones....and how many adults would wear the colored ones. She told me that adults who wears colorful hearing aids are weird...like they want to tell the world they are deaf. She said it is usually kids who would wear them and that's ok....but adults who wears the colored hearing aids are weirdos.
I thought maybe she's one of the people who are ashamed of hearing aids (she's hearing), and she said it is not a case of being ashamed...it just looks weird.
Know any other hearing people who thinks like this? I don't mind showing off mine since i grew up with hearing aids since age 2. (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Just wants to know your 2 cents. (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Nancy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
penniecrayon
post Mon Dec 1, 2008, 08:41 AM
Post #2 | Print

Group: New Member
Posts per day: 0.00
Topics Started: 0
User's local time:
Thu Nov 14, 2019, 01:17 PM
Skin: IP.Board Pro
Member No.: 2,192

Hi Nancy
in response to you post i'm turning 23 in the new year and currently waiting for my new hearing aids which i hope to get in pink i already have silver sparkly molds and love them and believe that i wouldn't be the same person i am today without my hearing loss or hearing aids so i'm proud to wear them and show them off however it does take a degree of confidence to do this especially for adults i think! As for painting hearing aids i don't know for sure but have a feeling that it won't work! ....glad u don't mind showing yours off...are yours colourful too?! Pennie (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) x
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Hearing Parents Appraisals of Parenting a Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing Child: Application of a Positive Psychology Framework
0 NetScout 6,931 11th June 2016 - 02:56 AM
Last post by: NetScout
No New Posts Hearing Experience and Receptive Vocabulary Development in Deaf Children With Cochlear Implants
0 NetScout 7,608 9th March 2010 - 11:55 AM
Last post by: NetScout
No New Posts Hearing Aids on Kiosks
Looking for improoved design, considerations.
2 michaeldub 9,722 27th October 2008 - 08:28 AM
Last post by: lillysdad
No New Posts Hearing Aid Competition
0 GoldShoes 10,652 18th September 2008 - 06:35 AM
Last post by: GoldShoes
No New Posts Hearing loss and iPods
1 HHIssues 5,954 12th September 2008 - 05:50 AM
Last post by: GoldShoes

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th November 2019 - 06:17 AM