IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Mattew Moore has Closed The Cochlear Forum At DN, Too much cochlear-implant evangelism
deafskeptic
post Fri Feb 23, 2007, 11:21 AM
Post #21 | Print

Group Icon

Group: Member
Posts per day: 0.02
Topics Started: 1
User's local time:
Tue Sep 17, 2019, 10:20 AM
Skin: IP.Board Pro
Member No.: 1,609

Well they just closed the thread about implanting the hearing with cell phones. Just as well. Who'd take such a concept seriously? That site is an embarrassment to the deaf community.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
greema
post Sat Feb 24, 2007, 07:40 AM
Post #22 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.03
Topics Started: 0
User's local time:
Tue Sep 17, 2019, 08:20 AM
Member No.: 1,594

Miss you all... DS -- yes, I had posted over there in that last thread with some kind of comment that: Cochlear Implant = CI, Cell Phone Implant = CPI and something about why that final thread wasn't closed as talking about CPI is the same thing? That was the most ridiculous thread I ever read! (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/bad.gif)

And Neecy, awesome post! Please give us heads up when you make that final post...

QUOTE (neecy @ Thu Feb 22, 2007, 03:02 PM) *
Its sadly ironic that most of the time, its SWEETMIND who keeps bringing up CI's - even in posts of others where CI's are not even the subject!!! How is correcting a misunderstanding, and ensuring that the people who visit that site see that there are two sides to the coin "evangelating"?

As said - second/third/fourth hand heresay from CSN and Sweetming is acceptable, but scientific data backed up by PERSONAL experience is ignored or thought to be prosthetalyzing? It saddens me that there ARE people who have their minds so closed to the experiences of others, even if its not something THEY want, that they have to forcefully push their own agenda.

I bet you, dollars to dimes, that Sweetmind will still stick her "anti-CI" commentary into her "news posts" and Matthew won't say a word, but if anybody REPLIES to her ignorance, it'll be deleted (or they will be banned.)

I've been "deaf-noting" since the mid 1990's (my GOD has it been that long? I feel old now! LOL) and I have sadly found that the attitudes there have become more and more hostile, the moderation akin to trying to live with a Communist government. China could learn a thing from them!!!!

When first-hand experiences of people with CI's, or parents with implanted children is rediculed and said to be "lies", even when backed up with scientific data, the sad fact of the matter is you have to realize you aren't dealing with rational-thinking human beings anymore. This is akin to a cult-mind where NOTHING that's different from their opinion is even worthy of reading.

Its heartening, however to see that there ARE individuals who have opened their eyes, and seen that CI's have their benefits, and they aren't the end of the deaf world. Education is the key - but if one doesn't want to bother to educate themselves, being that they are adults, unfortunately we can't force them. I'm going to take a few days and write a final post for DN, (not mentioning CI's directly) but mentioning how I feel about some issues ..hopefully THAT won't be deleted. Then I'll leave them to their own sad misery, after all that seems to be what they want - to wallow in misery, self pity, and despair and re-inforce it in each other that the entire world is out to get them....I wish I could tell them that when you have your head so far up your ass you need a porthole in your stomach to allow you to see the world, you gotta remember to at least bring a squeegee.

+Quote Post
deafskeptic
post Sat Feb 24, 2007, 11:26 AM
Post #23 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

QUOTE (greema @ Sat Feb 24, 2007, 09:40 AM) *
Miss you all... DS -- yes, I had posted over there in that last thread with some kind of comment that: Cochlear Implant = CI, Cell Phone Implant = CPI and something about why that final thread wasn't closed as talking about CPI is the same thing? That was the most ridiculous thread I ever read! (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/bad.gif)

And Neecy, awesome post! Please give us heads up when you make that final post...

When I said it was silly I was being chartiable. The actual word I wantted to use was retarded. I decided it would be better to remain civil though.

+Quote Post
loml
post Sat Feb 24, 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #24 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.28
Topics Started: 150
User's local time:
Member No.: 20

you have your head so far up your ass you need a porthole in your stomach to allow you to see the world, you gotta remember to at least bring a squeegee

neecy - I gotta remember that one.... of course letting people in Alberta know that it orginates in BC . (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
LittlePitty
post Mon Feb 26, 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #25 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.69
Topics Started: 59
User's local time:
Member No.: 27

My Blog

I've been deleted entirely (again!)

+Quote Post
greema
post Mon Feb 26, 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #26 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.03
Topics Started: 0
User's local time:
Member No.: 1,594

Nice to meet you, LittlePitty! Wonder where you posted over there to get deleted? As long as that CI thread over there is closed, I would feel better for the newbies looking for serious information about CIs not getting bashed there!

+Quote Post
deafskeptic
post Mon Feb 26, 2007, 04:44 PM
Post #27 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

QUOTE (greema @ Mon Feb 26, 2007, 05:58 PM) *
Nice to meet you, LittlePitty! Wonder where you posted over there to get deleted? As long as that CI thread over there is closed, I would feel better for the newbies looking for serious information about CIs not getting bashed there!

As long as they don't bring up CIs, I'm not posting in there again. Hardly anyone posts in there and I don't blame 'em. I think even those who are Deaf don't like posting in there.

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Cochlear Implantation Among Deaf Children With Additional Disabilities: Parental Perceptions of Benefits, Challenges, and Service Provision
0 NetScout 3,811 13th January 2015 - 08:37 AM
Last post by: NetScout
No New Posts Closed Caption
1 goldpony 12,883 23rd December 2008 - 01:39 AM
Last post by: CaptionThis
No New Posts Cochlear implant: Cost-Effective in Children
3 Boult 12,892 9th May 2008 - 03:23 AM
Last post by: Boult
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsCochlear Implant Support Group via TeleSign Seminar (without leaving your home or office)
0 tara 5,995 15th February 2008 - 11:55 AM
Last post by: tara
No New Posts Cochlear Americas Announces New Products for the Pediatric Market
4 Boult 9,622 14th September 2007 - 10:01 PM
Last post by: lillysdad

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2019 - 07:20 AM