IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hearing Aids on Kiosks, Looking for improoved design, considerations.
michaeldub
post Thu Aug 28, 2008, 08:28 AM
Post #1 | Print

Group: New Member
Posts per day: 0.00
Topics Started: 2
User's local time:
Fri Oct 18, 2019, 01:23 AM
Skin: IP.Board Pro
Member No.: 2,104

Hello,

Thanks for checking out my thread, I am new to this board and looking to expand my knowledge about hearing aids/community.
I am currently researching ways for our company to adapt our product with the ability to help the hearing impaired. Basically what we have is a stand-alone computer kiosk center that has an interactive touch-screen display used for demonstrating other products, and information communication. An example of the application is found in some retail automotive service centers, where the Kiosk displays automotive systems, service information, and multi-media videos to educate customers.
The unit does have sound that plays some light backround music and on screen instructions, but this is usualy at a very low level, as to not distrupt store traffic.

We are looking for a solution to make the unit more friendly for anyone that requires the use of a hearing aid. Can anyone direct me to some information, or ideas in this regard? What would be most beneficial, user controlled volume, or a jack to plug in a walkman type headset?

Any direction as to what typical hearing devices are, how we can integrate them to our system, or where I can find further information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time, Michael.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GoldShoes
post Tue Oct 14, 2008, 06:26 AM
Post #2 | Print

Group Icon

Group: Member
Posts per day: 0.01
Topics Started: 7
User's local time:
Fri Oct 18, 2019, 10:23 AM
Member No.: 2,116

What exactly is this kiosk about, and what are do you want to accomplish with this kiosk?
It sounds like it could be quite helpful if it's setup in the correct way.

+Quote Post
lillysdad
post Mon Oct 27, 2008, 08:28 AM
Post #3 | Print

Group Icon

Group: Member
Posts per day: 0.04
Topics Started: 23
User's local time:
Fri Oct 18, 2019, 03:23 AM
Member No.: 1,595

My Gallery

Just a thought here, wht about transmitting the audible info via telecoil technology? This thechnology seems pretty basic. the hearing aid/cochlear implant, has teh capability to recieve electronic data. For an example, headphones used for an Ipod or walkman. The wire used in the headphones rund electrical data to the speaker, right. Instead of having a speaker to amplify the sound, the haerign aid.CI, has the capability of either amplifying the sound. The CI, does not "amplify" anything. But to keep it simple, well go with this term.
Have you ever looked at assisted listening technologies? Take a look at them. They can give you some pretty cool ideas to solve your problem.
For example, at your Koisk, post a sign statign that the audio for your computer is available through telecoil technoloy for the hearing impared. Whe deaf/hoh person sees this, they can change teh program on the hearing aid/ci, so they can hear what you are broadcasting. I would however strongly suggest making sure anything you do is in compliance with the FCC.

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Hearing Parents Appraisals of Parenting a Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing Child: Application of a Positive Psychology Framework
0 NetScout 6,864 11th June 2016 - 02:56 AM
Last post by: NetScout
No New Posts Hearing Experience and Receptive Vocabulary Development in Deaf Children With Cochlear Implants
0 NetScout 7,569 9th March 2010 - 11:55 AM
Last post by: NetScout
No New Posts Hearing Aids and Color
1 Nancy 20,543 1st December 2008 - 08:41 AM
Last post by: penniecrayon
No New Posts Hearing Aid Competition
0 GoldShoes 10,502 18th September 2008 - 06:35 AM
Last post by: GoldShoes
No New Posts Hearing loss and iPods
1 HHIssues 5,941 12th September 2008 - 05:50 AM
Last post by: GoldShoes

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2019 - 01:23 AM