Group Icon

Group: Member
Posts per day: 1.25
Topics Started: 376
User's local time:
Fri Sep 20, 2019, 06:53 AM
Skin: IP.Board Pro
Member No.: 5

According to the Fox News alert just now, Uday is negotiating for his surrender...

I can think of some non-traditional justice I'd personally like to bestow on him BUT...

Sherry
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Southern Belle
post Fri May 23, 2003, 08:14 AM
Post #2 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.42
Topics Started: 157
User's local time:
Fri Sep 20, 2019, 03:53 AM
Member No.: 25

Originally posted by Sherry
According to the Fox News alert just now, Uday is negotiating for his surrender... 

I can think of some non-traditional justice I'd personally like to bestow on him BUT...

Sherry

wonder why he decided to surrender NOW? and if he is hiding in a baghdad suburb, why haven't the coalition troops found him yet?

+Quote Post
tAzMaNiAc
post Fri May 23, 2003, 08:17 AM
Post #3 | Print

Palenikeni -- Pleased to Meet You!
Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.41
Topics Started: 124
User's local time:
Member No.: 227

Originally posted by Southern Belle
wonder why he decided to surrender NOW?  and if he is hiding in a baghdad suburb, why haven't the coalition troops found him yet?

Try finding Uday within a big city the size of Los Angeles. Many many buildings, and other things.

I think he hid himself well, since the Iraqi civilians don't know where he is either.

+Quote Post
Southern Belle
post Fri May 23, 2003, 08:26 AM
Post #4 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

Originally posted by tAzMaNiAc
Try finding Uday within a big city the size of Los Angeles. Many many buildings, and other things.

I think he hid himself well, since the Iraqi civilians don't know where he is either.

got it. I brought this up because I'm hearing claims that the war has been won. I think the war is still ongoing.

+Quote Post
Sherry
post Fri May 23, 2003, 12:08 PM
Post #5 | Print

No ALIAS until January 2005!!! EEK!
Group Icon

User's local time:

I agree, the war is ongoing. But Bush said the war would go on for a long time, perhaps decades. I think the announcement was more of a military decision (i.e., no more attack mode) as far as Iraq and we are not bombing, etc.... but no one, not even the Iraqi citizens can feel secure yet. It will take the part of the IRAQIS to quit looting, etc. Like I saw on the news one night, one soldier said, "I wish the Iraqis would take care of their garbage problem too...." and I think he has a point. Why make the Americans do everything? One cannot pick and choose responsibilities. If you want to be free, you have to pitch in and help.

Uday is trying to make sure the US tries him rather than Iraqi...interesting! Guess he is scared of his own people... as he should be.

Sherry

+Quote Post
Mark B.
post Fri May 23, 2003, 05:02 PM
Post #6 | Print

CI-Borgs Rule!
Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.66
Topics Started: 48
User's local time:
Fri Sep 20, 2019, 01:53 AM
Member No.: 222

My Blog

Mark's fantasy phone call:

Uday: "I'd like to negotiate my surrender!"

Me: "Fine, Mr. Hussein. Let's see...we'll provide you a limousine to the airport, a private Learjet to fly you out of Baghdad, and safe haven."

Uday: "Oh, thank you!! La, de, da, de, da!"

Little does he know that the Learjet is rigged to fly pilotlessly to 5,000 feet and then plunge straight down supersonically. His safe haven? Hell, Hades, The Underworld, whatever passes for where Satan parks his ugly butt.

Mark (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
Southern Belle
post Fri May 23, 2003, 06:25 PM
Post #7 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

Originally posted by Mark B.

Little does he know that the Learjet is rigged to fly pilotlessly to 5,000 feet and then plunge straight down supersonically. His safe haven? Hell, Hades, The Underworld, whatever passes for where Satan parks his ugly butt.

Mark  (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

(IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Southern Belle
post Fri May 23, 2003, 06:29 PM
Post #8 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

Originally posted by Sherry
I agree, the war is ongoing. But Bush said the war would go on for a long time, perhaps decades.  I think the announcement was more of a military decision (i.e., no more attack mode) as far as Iraq and we are not bombing, etc.... but no one, not even the Iraqi citizens can feel secure yet. It will take the part of the IRAQIS to quit looting, etc.  Like I saw on the news one night, one soldier said, "I wish the Iraqis would take care of their garbage problem too...." and I think he has a point. Why make the Americans do everything?  One cannot pick and choose responsibilities. If you want to be free, you have to pitch in and help.

Uday is trying to make sure the US tries him rather than Iraqi...interesting!  Guess he is scared of his own people... as he should be. 

Sherry

Yea, but my instinct tells me this is another trick. I cannot help but think it's one of the usual tricks. Remember the happy Iraqis or the soldiers who surrendered? A day after a legion of Iraqi soldiers surrendered, the American troops were ambushed because they thought the Iraqis were surrendering but this time these Iraqi soldiers attacked the american troops.

Agreed that he is scared of his own people, though.

+Quote Post
Sherry
post Fri May 23, 2003, 06:43 PM
Post #9 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

S'Belle, I understand your hesitation to think it is another trick. It could be!

But, here's how I understand it...there are several "branches" of Islam in Iraqi...like the minority Shi'te branch and the Sunni branch. Then each city and part of the city have different religious leaders setting the example.

Sooooo...what I see happening is the troops are more than welcomed in certain areas and flatly rejected in others depending on what branch they are dealing with at the moment.

The country of Iraqi is so diverse...and each "branch" of Islam brings a whole new perspective on the establishment of a government, as well as what they want in terms of moral authority.

Just my opinion tho... (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Sherry

+Quote Post
netrox
post Fri May 23, 2003, 06:44 PM
Post #10 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.10
Topics Started: 56
User's local time:
Fri Sep 20, 2019, 11:53 AM
Member No.: 202

Uday should NOT negiotate with the U.S. officials. Let his people kill him. He deserves it.

-jeff

+Quote Post
Sherry
post Fri May 23, 2003, 06:46 PM
Post #11 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

Originally posted by netrox
Uday should NOT negiotate with the U.S. officials. Let his people kill him. He deserves it. 

-jeff

OMG! I finally agree with Netrox on something! (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/eek.gif) (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/eek.gif) (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/eek.gif)

Sherry (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
qwerty
post Sat May 24, 2003, 12:21 AM
Post #12 | Print

Q
Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.29
Topics Started: 118
User's local time:
Fri Sep 20, 2019, 04:53 AM
Member No.: 33

Originally posted by netrox

-jeff

It should be that "The U.S. officials should NOT negotiate with Uday." And they have indicated already that they have no interest in negotiating with him since he had his chance to surrender before the war started.

+Quote Post
Sherry
post Sat May 24, 2003, 06:46 AM
Post #13 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

qwerty, you are right! The USA should NOT negotiate with Uday. What a difference the placement of the noun makes!

Sherry

+Quote Post
netrox
post Sat May 24, 2003, 12:52 PM
Post #14 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.10
Topics Started: 56
User's local time:
Fri Sep 20, 2019, 11:53 AM
Member No.: 202

It should be that "The U.S. officials should NOT negotiate with Uday."

You're right, I meant that way.

-jeff

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2019 - 04:53 AM