Posts per day: 0.74
Topics Started: 854
User's local time:
Fri Sep 20, 2019, 04:43 AM
Skin: IP.Board Pro
Member No.: 2

My Blog

Jason;
proselytizing = to recruit members esp. by the offer of special inducements.
I know the rule doesn't say it yet. In the past, I had them included in the rule but when I upgraded, it was reverted back to generic guideline. I forgot to add it back in the guideline but if you do a search for this word "proselytizing" in DOL, you will find several thread telling DOL members to refrain from doing so.

Heath;
then no need to tell us "Yes all of us need to turn our hearts and faces to God in prayer" such like that and that is a subtle proselytizing.

Heath;
see your post in this thread: http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/index.ph...indpost&p=69136

You said:
"and God Bless !!!! I pray that you all be on your way to being saved converted and healed. Jesus Christ is able to heal you if you obey the KJV Holy Bible to the max .... of course you will start alittle by alittle then pick up more and more like a train on a steam until you are going full speed ahead for Jesus Christ. Amen God Bless !!!

To me this looks like a "subtle proselytizing" which I asked you long time ago stop saying anything about god or religion because it is personal. I asked to keep it to yourself and refrain from quoting verses or scripture or sort of praying in dol that we would be converted or read your specific bible that is KJV Holy Bible. see my post in your locked thread: http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/index.ph...indpost&p=68792

In other word, don't talk about god or you might start a debate which I don't allow. Like it has started in the shoutbox! You knew better!

If you keep doing this, I have no choice to save my forum from your such proselytizing by kicking you out of DOL so we all can resume our normal posting than seeing too much of your religious remarks. DOL is not the place for you to proselytize us. like I said before that DOL is founded by secular humanist and that is me. If you want to remain DOL member, I am asking you refrain from typing anything about bible or god or praying. just normal talk like we do everyday when we talk about certain topic, like for example, if we talk about needlepointing, I expect you not to talk about god in such thread even mention god like "I needlepointed my pillow to have the word "god" because I believe in god so should you too!" blah blah like that. but when it comes to discussion about "church and state" issue, that discussion is ok as long no subtle proselytizing has occurred. for example this thread is which I allowed: http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/index.ph...542&#entry40542 (notice what Dale says? he respected my rule so he hasn't so that's the proof that I had "no proselytizing" rule before my Board Guideline was reverted back to generic one.

Oh by the way, you can stop saying Amen or God bless you from now on, Heath! If you don't like it then bye!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rickyrab
post Tue Aug 2, 2005, 01:46 AM
Post #2 | Print

Group: New Member
Posts per day: 0.00
Topics Started: 3
User's local time:
Fri Sep 20, 2019, 07:43 AM
Member No.: 965

QUOTE (Boult @ Thu Jul 7, 2005, 03:05 PM)
Jason;
proselytizing = to recruit members esp. by the offer of special inducements.
I know the rule doesn't say it yet. In the past, I had them included in the rule but when I upgraded, it was reverted back to generic guideline. I forgot to add it back in the guideline but if you do a search for this word "proselytizing" in DOL, you will find several thread telling DOL members to refrain from doing so.

Heath;
then no need to tell us "Yes all of us need to turn our hearts and faces to God in prayer" such like that and that is a subtle proselytizing.

Heath;
see your post in this thread: http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/index.ph...indpost&p=69136

You said:
"and God Bless !!!! I pray that you all be on your way to being saved converted and healed. Jesus Christ is able to heal you if you obey the KJV Holy Bible to the max .... of course you will start alittle by alittle then pick up more and more like a train on a steam until you are going full speed ahead for Jesus Christ. Amen God Bless !!!

To me this looks like a "subtle proselytizing" which I asked you long time ago stop saying anything about god or religion because it is personal. I asked to keep it to yourself and refrain from quoting verses or scripture or sort of praying in dol that we would be converted or read your specific bible that is KJV Holy Bible. see my post in your locked thread: http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/index.ph...indpost&p=68792

In other word, don't talk about god or you might start a debate which I don't allow. Like it has started in the shoutbox! You knew better!

If you keep doing this, I have no choice to save my forum from your such proselytizing by kicking you out of DOL so we all can resume our normal posting than seeing too much of your religious remarks. DOL is not the place for you to proselytize us. like I said before that DOL is founded by secular humanist and that is me. If you want to remain DOL member, I am asking you refrain from typing anything about bible or god or praying. just normal talk like we do everyday when we talk about certain topic, like for example, if we talk about needlepointing, I expect you not to talk about god in such thread even mention god like "I needlepointed my pillow to have the word "god" because I believe in god so should you too!" blah blah like that. but when it comes to discussion about "church and state" issue, that discussion is ok as long no subtle proselytizing has occurred. for example this thread is which I allowed: http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/index.ph...542&#entry40542 (notice what Dale says? he respected my rule so he hasn't so that's the proof that I had "no proselytizing" rule before my Board Guideline was reverted back to generic one.

Oh by the way, you can stop saying Amen or God bless you from now on, Heath! If you don't like it then bye!

By the way, if religion's more your thing, there are plenty of other boards out there that would be happy to have you. Me, I'm not here for religion, I'm here for chatting with other D/HOH. So shalom aleichem - peace be with you, whatever you proselytizers decide.

+Quote Post
Patty
post Tue Aug 2, 2005, 07:19 AM
Post #3 | Print

Self Explanatory!!
Group Icon

Group: Member
Posts per day: 0.13
Topics Started: 20
User's local time:
Fri Sep 20, 2019, 06:43 AM
Member No.: 544

My Blog

(IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/confused1.gif) Your point for bumping this?! Trying to stir a hornet's nest when Jason and Heath hasn't posted in here for a good month or so..

Your point is moot because you just said this..

So shalom aleichem - peace be with you, whatever you proselytizers decide.

+Quote Post
Siana
post Tue Aug 2, 2005, 07:24 AM
Post #4 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.04
Topics Started: 34
User's local time:
Member No.: 937

I agree with patty what was the point?

+Quote Post
Lantana
post Tue Aug 2, 2005, 09:45 AM
Post #5 | Print

"Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted"
Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.70
Topics Started: 77
User's local time:
Member No.: 210

My Blog

Oh well, perhaps Boult has been on vacation?

+Quote Post
Boult
post Tue Aug 2, 2005, 10:15 AM
Post #6 | Print

I.T.M.F.A.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
User's local time:

My Blog

huh Lantana? Me on vacation?

+Quote Post
Lantana
post Tue Aug 2, 2005, 11:26 AM
Post #7 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

My Blog

Well I know you visit your parents occasionally. Texas? Or is my old memory neglecting me?

+Quote Post
Patty
post Tue Aug 2, 2005, 11:40 AM
Post #8 | Print

Self Explanatory!!
Group Icon

User's local time:

My Blog

Whether Boult is on vacation or not, forum members should be able to control themselves or at least get their "Hyde" under control! (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Boult
post Tue Aug 2, 2005, 12:01 PM
Post #9 | Print

I.T.M.F.A.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
User's local time:

My Blog

QUOTE (Lantana @ Tue Aug 2, 2005, 11:26 AM)
Well I know you visit your parents occasionally.  Texas?  Or is my old memory neglecting me?

Yeah, Very Occasionally as in seldom, not visiting Texas this year.

+Quote Post
LittlePitty
post Tue Aug 2, 2005, 06:40 PM
Post #10 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.69
Topics Started: 59
User's local time:
Member No.: 27

My Blog

I'm just scratiching my head!

+Quote Post
Lantana
post Tue Aug 2, 2005, 07:33 PM
Post #11 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

My Blog

L.P. I am glad it is your head you are scratching!

+Quote Post
Liebling:-)))
post Wed Aug 3, 2005, 06:37 AM
Post #12 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.03
User's local time:
Fri Sep 20, 2019, 05:43 AM
Member No.: 601

Perhap Boult only want to remind us what he don't like about reglious in his forum. (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dunno.gif)

He do what he want is fine with me because this is his forum (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dunno.gif)

+Quote Post
Patty
post Wed Aug 3, 2005, 08:09 AM
Post #13 | Print

Self Explanatory!!
Group Icon

User's local time:

My Blog

I'm just merely enjoying the entertainment this thread provides! (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Jason
post Wed Aug 3, 2005, 08:40 AM
Post #14 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.01
Topics Started: 7
User's local time:
Member No.: 931

Yeah, no clue why you split and bumped this thread Boult instead of just writing a general statement that proelytizing is not acceptable here.

+Quote Post
Patty
post Wed Aug 3, 2005, 01:10 PM
Post #15 | Print

Self Explanatory!!
Group Icon

User's local time:

My Blog

QUOTE (Jason @ Wed Aug 3, 2005, 09:40 AM)
Yeah, no clue why you split and bumped this thread Boult instead of just writing a general statement that proelytizing is not acceptable here.

Actually Jason, Rickyrab bumped this thread up. It is up to Boult's discretion to explain whether proselytizing is allowed in DOL or not.

+Quote Post
Rickyrab
post Mon Aug 8, 2005, 08:50 AM
Post #16 | Print

Group: New Member
Posts per day: 0.00
Topics Started: 3
User's local time:
Member No.: 965

QUOTE (Patty @ Wed Aug 3, 2005, 04:10 PM)
QUOTE (Jason @ Wed Aug 3, 2005, 09:40 AM)

Actually Jason, Rickyrab bumped this thread up. It is up to Boult's discretion to explain whether proselytizing is allowed in DOL or not.

Oops. I replied when I did because it was the first time I even knew of this forum, let alone this thread.

+Quote Post
Jason
post Mon Aug 8, 2005, 09:18 AM
Post #17 | Print

Group Icon

Topics Started: 7
User's local time:
Member No.: 931

Lemme rephrase, "I'm not sure why Boult split and stickied this thread instead of just writing a general statement that proelytizing is not acceptable here."

+Quote Post
Patty
post Mon Aug 8, 2005, 02:11 PM
Post #18 | Print

Self Explanatory!!
Group Icon

User's local time:

My Blog

My humble apologies, Jason. The mistake was at my part for not re-reading your post carefully. (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
WeirdWalt
post Tue Mar 14, 2006, 02:12 PM
Post #19 | Print

Group Icon

Topics Started: 6
User's local time:
Fri Sep 20, 2019, 05:43 AM
Member No.: 223

OH! Proselytizing! I thought it was about prophylactics uh nevermind.

+Quote Post
GeMiNiCaT69
post Sat Apr 15, 2006, 11:52 AM
Post #20 | Print

~Erica~
Group Icon

Topics Started: 1
User's local time:
Member No.: 509

doesn't surprise me that some people tend to do that once in a while tho.. like in other deaf forum too (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

This post has been edited by Boult: Sat Apr 15, 2006, 01:26 PM

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2019 - 04:43 AM