Post #1 | Print

Group: New Member
Posts per day: 0.00
Topics Started: 1
User's local time:
Fri Oct 18, 2019, 02:03 AM
Skin: IP.Board Pro
Member No.: 2,125

Hello, my name is Jeremy, and I am currently developing a product to facilitate a more awareness of sounds in ones home. I call it the Audial Illuminator, and it is being developed with the help of Microchip, and Digikey though an electronics design contest. Information about the contest is available here: myPIC32 - myPIC32, my project is available here: myPIC32 - Contestant Profile

Audial Illuminator (A.I.) seeks to solve a problem I have experienced in my home. There lacks a comprehensive solution to translating sounds in the home to some other medium be it light, or vibrations. A.I. will tirelessly listen to the environment through the use of small microphones placed thought ones home. When the microphone "hears" an event it recognizes, a knock on the door, the door bell, a kitchen timer, or a baby crying, it will notify several small lights in varying color patterns.

For instance, say you the user has designated purple to signify the front door, and orange to signify the the kitchen timer. You may carry the small lighted device with you, or attach it to a wall. When someone knocks on the door, it will send a purple signal to all lighted devices. Its a simple solution to an everyday problem.

Now, I must request your help. The contest is tiered, where at each stage a vote from the community affects whether a specific project will more forward. Please log on to http://mypic32.com/web/guest/contestantspr...profileID=13961 and vote for the project. Furthermore, all design materials are available free on the project page. Anyone may download, and build their own A.I. system. By voting for this project, I feel, you are helping the whole deaf community further a great free product.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GoldShoes
post Mon Sep 15, 2008, 06:11 AM
Post #2 | Print

Group Icon

Group: Member
Posts per day: 0.01
Topics Started: 7
User's local time:
Fri Oct 18, 2019, 11:03 AM
Skin: IP.Board Pro
Member No.: 2,116

QUOTE (Quiescent @ Sun Sep 14, 2008, 08:44 PM) *
Hello, my name is Jeremy, and I am currently developing a product to facilitate a more awareness of sounds in ones home. I call it the Audial Illuminator, and it is being developed with the help of Microchip, and Digikey though an electronics design contest. Information about the contest is available here: myPIC32 - myPIC32, my project is available here: myPIC32 - Contestant Profile

Audial Illuminator (A.I.) seeks to solve a problem I have experienced in my home. There lacks a comprehensive solution to translating sounds in the home to some other medium be it light, or vibrations. A.I. will tirelessly listen to the environment through the use of small microphones placed thought ones home. When the microphone "hears" an event it recognizes, a knock on the door, the door bell, a kitchen timer, or a baby crying, it will notify several small lights in varying color patterns.

For instance, say you the user has designated purple to signify the front door, and orange to signify the the kitchen timer. You may carry the small lighted device with you, or attach it to a wall. When someone knocks on the door, it will send a purple signal to all lighted devices. Its a simple solution to an everyday problem.

Now, I must request your help. The contest is tiered, where at each stage a vote from the community affects whether a specific project will more forward. Please log on to http://mypic32.com/web/guest/contestantspr...profileID=13961 and vote for the project. Furthermore, all design materials are available free on the project page. Anyone may download, and build their own A.I. system. By voting for this project, I feel, you are helping the whole deaf community further a great free product.

Hello Jeremy, I am John

I personally think that this is a great idea for the hard hearing people. This will make things so much easier and comfortable for people like that. I also think that it would be a great idea to combined the light flashing with vibration, so that one can feel and see the signal at the same time. I will certainly log on and vote for this master piece. Good Luck, and good going!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Developing Sound Skills for Reading: Teaching Phonological Awareness to Preschoolers With Hearing Loss
0 NetScout 1,968 11th June 2016 - 02:56 AM
Last post by: NetScout
No New Posts Deaf Students Reading and Writing in College: Fluency, Coherence, and Comprehension
0 NetScout 11,581 11th June 2016 - 02:56 AM
No New Posts Deaf Adolescents' Learning of Cardiovascular Health Information: Sources and Access Challenges
0 NetScout 13,540 31st August 2015 - 07:15 AM
No New Posts Deaf Native Signers Are Better Readers Than Nonnative Signers: Myth or Truth?
0 NetScout 12,650 19th March 2015 - 09:26 AM
No New Posts Deaf Parents of Cochlear-Implanted Children: Beliefs on Bimodal Bilingualism
0 NetScout 12,385 13th January 2015 - 08:37 AM

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2019 - 02:03 AM