Group Icon

Group: Member
Posts per day: 1.22
Topics Started: 376
User's local time:
Mon Feb 24, 2020, 09:50 AM
Skin: IP.Board Pro
Member No.: 5

Seen at the other forum, posted by non other than ...you guess right!: CIs are a result of perfectionistic expectations with perfection being a myth. So, if the basis of a CI is a myth the question becomes "Is a CI a myth?"

Somebody hand CSN a dictionary and send him to bed! He needs a nap.

Sherry
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_JakeODonnell_*
post Fri Nov 29, 2002, 12:50 PM
Post #2 | Print

Guests

the man is cuckoo.

+Quote Post
LittlePitty
post Fri Nov 29, 2002, 02:47 PM
Post #3 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.68
Topics Started: 59
User's local time:
Mon Feb 24, 2020, 10:50 AM
Member No.: 27

My Blog

I'll drink to that!!!!!

+Quote Post
qwerty
post Fri Nov 29, 2002, 07:33 PM
Post #4 | Print

Q
Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.28
Topics Started: 118
User's local time:
Mon Feb 24, 2020, 07:50 AM
Member No.: 33

I've always wanted a cuckoo clock.

+Quote Post
Sherry
post Sat Nov 30, 2002, 03:46 PM
Post #5 | Print

No ALIAS until January 2005!!! EEK!
Group Icon

User's local time:

I think CSN is a female IT. What says everyone else?

qwerty, we can all bring CSN to be your Cuckoo Clock as a housewarming gift! But don't you think it would clash with the dignity of your new home....

Sherry

+Quote Post
MJ*
post Sat Nov 30, 2002, 08:03 PM
Post #6 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.00
Topics Started: 2
User's local time:
Mon Feb 24, 2020, 02:50 PM
Member No.: 201

[deleted because I wanna stay nice in this forum]

+Quote Post
Dale
post Sat Nov 30, 2002, 08:12 PM
Post #7 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.16
Topics Started: 86
User's local time:
Member No.: 24

CSN is a male, though a poor excuse for a man...

+Quote Post
Lantana
post Sat Nov 30, 2002, 08:20 PM
Post #8 | Print

"Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted"
Group Icon

Topics Started: 77
User's local time:
Member No.: 210

My Blog

CSN SOUNDS like a female. 'No masculine quality there at all. His(?) only power is his "Magic Marker", booting people left and right. Who really CARES? Spin"oats" is not the class or quality that we are looking for in a forum! Ignore them.

+Quote Post
Sherry
post Sat Nov 30, 2002, 09:48 PM
Post #9 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

He's male? He sounds like a wuss. I have never met anyone as stupid as he is. I honestly think his cerebral functioning is impaired in some way, perhaps due to his accident. His logic is so loopy that at times it is almost embarrassing to read it. One can't help but recoil at some of the things he says.

Lantana, it's kind of hard to ignore people like him the others that post false information because deaf people who are seeking CI information take that as gospel. They don't stop and think "wait a minnit, this is baloney!" We do...and we're ignoring him over there but here, we can rebut his stupid comments and know that LadyDuke aka Stargate is not going to delete our posts. (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

My cousin wrote and cut a CD in Nashville, a hard-core country song called "Screwed Up Chick" and I was thinking it suits CSN!

Sherry

+Quote Post
Lantana
post Sat Nov 30, 2002, 10:01 PM
Post #10 | Print

"Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted"
Group Icon

Topics Started: 77
User's local time:
Member No.: 210

My Blog

Hmmm, Lady Duke aka Stargate (etc. etc.) I am USED to Darcelle of Portland, so none of this stuff disturbs me, HOWEVER when peeps are looking for INFORMATION, I would think that moderators (should) remain neutral in most respects.

Lady Duke was always nice to me and never put me down, I have no fault to find from Lady. Stargate I have no experience with, so I cannot comment.

CSN? Well, possibly bi-polar or having a bad reaction to medication -- or life in general?

"Don't take it out on us!"! <<< To CSN <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

+Quote Post
Sherry
post Sun Dec 1, 2002, 05:46 AM
Post #11 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

Bi-polar? Bad reaction to meds? LOL! I think all of us wonder. He won't post here, he knows there is no MommyGate to protect him. I had several battles with LadyDuke. She was patently offensive several times. Got into a shouting match with her one night as "Stargate" when she kept deleting my posts. I kept track. But with Moore not wanting to have neutral moderators, one can't respond to inaccurate information. So many people have been banned yet SM is still there with her snide remarks. I don't think I have ever seen a post of hers without one.

I better wait till my first cup of java is ready before I insert my foot into my mouth...man, am I always the first one up???

Sherry

+Quote Post
Dale
post Sun Dec 1, 2002, 07:33 AM
Post #12 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

And now, just to make things MORE interesting, Donn is back,
and back to "defending the poor helpless deaffies"...

Hearing people who tell ME how I should feel about being deaf
make me wanna PUKE...

+Quote Post
Sherry
post Sun Dec 1, 2002, 08:22 AM
Post #13 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

I agree, Dale...and add to your puke list would you...deafies who try to tell other deafies if they get a CI they haven't accepted their deafness! The REAL statement should be, the deafies haven't accepted other people's CI's.

Sherry

+Quote Post
Dale
post Sun Dec 1, 2002, 08:29 AM
Post #14 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

Especially when the deafie who is against CI's because it means
you haven't "accepted" your deafness WEARS A FRIGGIN
HEARING AID...(CSN)

+Quote Post
ORB
post Sun Dec 1, 2002, 09:13 AM
Post #15 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.01
Topics Started: 0
User's local time:
Member No.: 214

Will you please stop it? I am tired of some of you to talk so negative about CSN, Sweetmind, LadyDuke, etc. It is immature to talk about other people on this very public deaf forum. It's such an embarrassed site! Yes LadyDuke, CSN and Sweetmind are not my friends and we never emailed to each other.

Listen to me for once! --Anti-CI people do have problems dealing to accept the deaf people who have CIs. They have to learn how to accept it. Alright? And now you do have problems that you used backstabbing on them and you do have problems that you want those anti-CI people to accept you. You have to accept them that they don't like CI.

You know what? CI is not right or wrong at all. When you were being a spirit and you talked with God and you told God that you chose deaf that you wanted to be deaf on this earth because you wanted to learn about deafness and it is your GIFT because you want to help hearing people to learn how to be patient, etc. For example, in a few days ago, my daughter told me that she learned so much from me and my husband about how to be patience, etc like when she tried to say one word and we can't understand her and she frustrated and got mad and we told her to stop it and be patient with us and that is how she learned from us. That is a gift because we taught her how to be patient. I was so surprised and the next day I told my sisters and they said "Oh my gosh that is very true and yes they learned so much from me and my husband and yes that is a gift by us that we help them". So I chose deaf because I wanted to help people to learn how to be patient, etc etc. I asked my daughter "What about CI - why don't I want CI?" She simply said that it's because I also chose not to get CI. Ahhh I understand a lot better. I can see anti-CI people and CI people are fighting over CI and both of them are angry and they need to stop fighting over this. CI is not a big deal - really....CI is JUST to help you hear better. That is all. Now I don't really care about CI because I CHOSE it not to get CI before I came to this earth.

Will you please stop fighting over CI and people? Spinnotes isn't very nice word to use. If you continue to use the word Spinnotes or say awful words about CSN, etc, that's immature because this is a very public deaf website forum. Everyone is reading all of this.

Once again, remember....you chose deaf and CI or not CI before you came to this earth that God "erased" your minds when you were on your way to your mother's womb.

Stop negatives about people.

Happy Holidays! and God Bless You All!!! (IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
qwerty
post Sun Dec 1, 2002, 09:41 AM
Post #16 | Print

Q
Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.28
Topics Started: 118
User's local time:
Member No.: 33

Will you please stop fighting over CI and people? Spinnotes isn't very nice word to use. If you continue to use the word Spinnotes or say awful words about CSN, etc, that's immature because this is a very public deaf website forum. Everyone is reading all of this.

And you said you're never coming back to either forums. Hmmm...cannot keep you word?

Anyway, I have been on that other forum for 3 years and I can say that CSN uses a passive/aggressive approach if you haven't noticed and to say what he wants to say. That what he does, as well as others, is to use spin tactics. We cannot make rebuttals on that forum because it'll get deleted (as it has often in the past) on anything about CI when it gets heated or that words fly around. CSN might be a great guy but we're making notes of his "logical" comments.

Here, we don't fight over CI but simply recognizes the fact that these people have the choice based on adequate and correct information to make an informed decision regarding CI for themselves or for their children. However, in the other forum, many of them simply do not recognize that people have the right to make an informed decision. Or have you not noticed that?

Another thing, I have never seen SM get banned because of her snide remarks. Others I have seen get booted but not SM. Why is that? Also, CSN has never apologized for taking other people's quote and changed them and posted them in his posting as if these were actual word-to-word quotes of other posters just to suit his own agenda. Even GL did the same thing but used only partial quotes to suit his own agenda to make it as if the "quotee" was actually trying to say this but not so. If the whole context where the partial quote was taken from was posted using the full paragraph instead, then the whole thing would be clearer.

These are the Deaf militant attitudes that many people have to face each and every day. They seem to disallow any possibility of the idea that people have the freedom to make an informed decision based on current information. They have decided for themselves to be the "de facto parents" for ALL Deaf/deaf children by telling parents on what to do. The Deaf culture group should not be entrusted to be the only giver of ALL information regarding ALL deafness related issues, especially CI and sign language, as if they know any better. In some cases they do, however. ALL sources of information must be looked into in order to make an informed decision. The Deaf culture group is only but a tiny minority out of ALL deaf/hoh people on this planet.

It's fine and dandy that you stood up for these people but let them come here on DOL and let them do the defending for a change. At least this forum is more liberal-minded with free and indefpendent thinkers without the fear of their topics or discussions getting the boot or the poster getting banned.

+Quote Post
Sherry
post Sun Dec 1, 2002, 09:47 AM
Post #17 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

Orb- that is your personal belief system that is guiding you. Other people have different beliefs and are going by those beliefs. We are not backstabbing. Backstabbing would be talking about them behind their back where no one can see it- and passing it around as secret emails. We are posting it right here where anyone can read it.

I am SICK and TIRED of CSN's baloney and bullshit. I am equally tired of LadyDuke's hostility Such as calling CI Dr's serial killers??? And the comparing Nazi Germany to CI's??? That is crass, rude, tacky and downright pathetic. Sweetmind's constant tirades towards people with CI's with no bannishment, etc. for her does not equal the punishment LadyDuke as "Stargate" doled out to the others. You were not posting against her and having the posts constantly deleted. I was, and so were the others. I kept a very detailed record. It is hard to defend CI's against misinformation and crap shots when posts are deleted. Here, we can speak. And we accept other people's different ideas. You called Boult a jerk bastard at DN- you did not get banned. Others have been banned for far less offenses. If I had said that to CSN, "You are a Jerk Bastard" I promise you I would have been banned so fast my computer would probably crash!

Thing is, you do not have to read any of this. I will continue to argue against CSN's stupid comments because there are CI wanna-be's out there seeking information and here he is, spinning around the truth. Calling it mythical? Give me a break! He has no clue about anything. I will not stop, but you can stop reading it if it bothers you. There are certain threads I do not go to because I know it will annoy me no end so I avoid them. I suggest you do the same.

Supporting CI's means not allowing garbage to spill out about it. And as for deafness being a GIFT, etc...that is your personal belief system. I am not a fan of debating God or religion on websites because it is a huge factor in the world's problems- the lack of tolerance for other people's beliefs. But keep in mind we do not all feel the way you do.

Sherry

+Quote Post
Dale
post Sun Dec 1, 2002, 12:44 PM
Post #18 | Print

Group Icon

User's local time:

Orb-

Seek proffessional help.

Seriously.

+Quote Post
Tamara
post Sun Dec 1, 2002, 02:27 PM
Post #19 | Print

Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.01
Topics Started: 9
User's local time:
Member No.: 8

Orb-

I thought you wouldn't come back to DOL ever again. What has happened? I agree with Dale. SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP!
HEH HEH

(IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Tamara

+Quote Post
Guest_JakeODonnell_*
post Sun Dec 1, 2002, 03:05 PM
Post #20 | Print

Guests

Orb,

at least you were brave enough to come here and speak your mind . . . but you know, SM, LD, GL and CSN are grown up people, they can come in here and defend themselves.

one of the reasons they might not want to post is that they won't be able to get away with making nonsense posts like they do at spinnotes. The Moore nonsense security blanket is just too cozy to leave.

Jake

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

49 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No new Topic has attachmentsSpinnotes Website
98 Boult 62,658 29th May 2004 - 08:32 AM
Last post by: sweetnanna
No New Posts Another Spinnotes!
5 -Freaky- 3,260 22nd January 2004 - 05:08 PM
Last post by: LittlePitty
No new SpinNotes: Three Cheers for the CI Ban!
31 Banjo 10,666 14th August 2003 - 02:05 PM
Last post by: Sherry
Closed Spinnotes II: My daughter's deafness was the best thing that has ever happened!
77 Banjo 46,198 15th March 2003 - 04:01 PM
Last post by: Boult
No New Posts Why do you call it SpinNotes?
6 Eponine 3,544 23rd January 2003 - 09:49 PM
Last post by: qwerty

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th February 2020 - 07:50 AM