Group: Member
Posts per day: 0.28
Topics Started: 118
User's local time:
Tue Apr 7, 2020, 10:34 PM
Skin: IP.Board Pro
Member No.: 33

Originally posted by JakeODonnell
we don't get to choose family members, but friends? hmm. well, ok. to each its own. but me thinks its odd to be friends with somone whose lifestyle one despises and badmouths in forums.

huh? I've friends in the past whom I told that I didn't like their particular lifestyles. I've not badmouthed them but it was something I had to tell them.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_JakeODonnell_*
post Tue Jun 10, 2003, 09:36 PM
Post #42 | Print

Guests

q sez: "I've not badmouthed them but it was something I had to tell them."

me: if you told them then that wouldn't make you a hypocrite. if you and the friend(s) are still friends then more power to you both.

+Quote Post
qwerty
post Tue Jun 10, 2003, 10:11 PM
Post #43 | Print

Q
Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.28
Topics Started: 118
User's local time:
Tue Apr 7, 2020, 10:34 PM
Member No.: 33

Originally posted by JakeODonnell
q sez: "I've not badmouthed them but it was something I had to tell them."

me: if you told them then that wouldn't make you a hypocrite. if you and the friend(s) are still friends then more power to you both.

How would that make me a hypocrite? I disliked their abusive drinking or binge drinking habits and I DONT DRINK! I made a point to them as well that they certainly must enjoy their time by sticking their heads into some foul toilet bowl doing some wonderful heaving exercises. They listened...at least moderated to an extent...which, btw, I was talking to them in an elevator of a dorm building the next day where there were some vomit stains on the elevator floor complimented with a nice lingering vomit smell in the air, too. I made a point.

Keep going Jake.

(IMG:http://www.deafonline2.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mf_laughbounce.gif)

+Quote Post
Eve
post Tue Jun 10, 2003, 10:54 PM
Post #44 | Print

Goddess
Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.07
Topics Started: 46
User's local time:
Tue Apr 7, 2020, 11:34 PM
Member No.: 298

me: have you told your gay friend exactly what you think of them? if not, wouldn't it be hypocritical to mislead them in that manner?

my friends know exactly what i think of "them". i like them, or they wouldnt be my friends. however, what i feel of their choices is not a reflection of how i feel about them as people. they know that i do not see homosexuality as a option or i too would be glb. i see nothing hypocritical in following my beliefs.

+Quote Post
Guest_JakeODonnell_*
post Wed Jun 11, 2003, 04:10 PM
Post #45 | Print

Guests

q, i'm not sure if you understood me in the last post. I said it would not make you a hypocrite.

eve, you said: "i too would be glb"

me: not to embarass you or anything, but are you saying if it wasn't for your "beliefs" you'd be glb?

If this is true then you must be subject to daily mental torture feeling one way and "believing" another way!

+Quote Post
Eve
post Wed Jun 11, 2003, 06:04 PM
Post #46 | Print

Goddess
Group Icon

Posts per day: 0.07
Topics Started: 46
User's local time:
Tue Apr 7, 2020, 11:34 PM
Member No.: 298

lol jake you sure have a way of twisting things around. the fact is, because of my beliefs, being glb isnt even an option. and no, i am very happy with my husband, thank you very much.

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th April 2020 - 10:34 PM